Wow.....I just realized how neglected this blog has been! There's been a lot going on here in the Martin household over the last year and some things got put on the back burner, but I'm determined to get back into the blogging world because I've also been keeping my creative juices going since I've last blogged here.
To catch you up, here's the condensed version:
- Last June, I got my high school diploma at the age of 34.
- Last September, I started working towards my degrees in Psychology at Community College of Vermont (CCV).
- This past May, I made the President's list at CCV with a 4.0 GPA!
- I'm taking a summer course in Gender Studies that's kicking my booty!
- I start my fall semester with a full course load (4 classes) in the beginning of September.
- My daughter is off on her first missions trip for 6 weeks this summer.
- I've been helping to take care of my 83-year old grandfather, who is one of the kindest and gentlest men I know. I take him to his appointments, clean his house, and we go out to lunch. I get to hear the best stories ever from years gone by.
I've been blogging about my personal life over at Martin Family Adventure if you'd like to catch up with some of the other stuff that's been going on.
In the meantime, I just finished creating a beautiful scrapbook for a friend of mine, Russ Jones (he has one of the best blogs out there about his adventures as a stay-at-home dad - The Stay at Homer). A few years ago, I created a scrapbook for his wife's birthday that commemorated their first son's first year of life. I was honored and thrilled that Russ asked me to do another book for their second son. This time, Russ presented it to his wife for their anniversary yesterday!
I got news from Russ this morning that his wife had no clue whatsoever that she was going to get this gift and she was over the moon about it. It got to Russ' house just before he and the boys were headed out to see their mom at work during her break. The timing was perfect!
I intentionally left the journaling blocks blank so that Russ and Gayle can fill them in with their memories. No one can do that better than mom and dad. :) Isn't Alistair just the cutest little guy you ever did see? And their oldest son, Noble, is just as cute!
I've also been working on other creations these past 7 months. I've got a lot of cutesy stuff on my Etsy Shop and would love to have you take a look.
I promise to be around here a lot more. I just got a sweet pile of Stampin' Up products from the new catalog that I'll be creating with and sharing here, so make sure to check back!